Monday, April 8, 2013

Krill Oil- Waste Of Money

Krill Oil- Waste Of Money

Time for another rant about a product I am totally not a fan of.  Today's product got on our shelves about three or four years ago claiming to be the latest and greatest product for cholesterol and the hottest thing in omega 3.

The product I want to complain about today is krill oil. The oil from those tiny little fish (kinda like shrimp) that whales eat.  They are manufactured in tiny little softgels and sold to you as a great source of omega that is easy to swallow.
59bbabbf48fdd0d9_krill

Problem is the amount of omega is much to low to do anything. You can fancy up the package and have commercials on TV but this doesn’t mean anything.  It’s a low dose omega 3 that costs way more money that traditional omega 3.  You can get a lower cost omega 3 or even a mix of omega 3 and omega 6  that is much higher quality than a krill oil capsule, so save your money.


Why I hate krill oil

Another thing that krill contains is Astaxanthin (I had to copy and paste this word) this nutrient my friends is totally remarkable I will not argue with that.  But again you can buy the supplement much cheaper that buying krill oil.  So why would you waste your money on krill?







The so called " Krill Oil Experts"

Lastly is the experts who claim that krill oil is a miracle supplement.  Yes, it gets attention and you can write books and articles on krill oil because it’s totally unknown to the average consumer.  They read these dam articles that sound fantastic then they rush to the stores to buy the products.  ARGH!!
I know I should be more supportive of products in my industry but it drives me crazy knowing people can achieve great health using some amazing supplements and don’t need the latest fads like krill oil to get healthy
.
You may read this as a consumer or as someone who is an EXPERT in krill.
 oil.  But before you attack my writing style and opinions, I request that you don’t because it won’t change my mind on certain products in my industry.  I’m stubborn (probably as much as you) and I will only defend my case with the answer “I’m right and your wrong” :-)

Stay healthy and stay motivated

Shane Chartrand

No comments:

Post a Comment