Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MACA- My Favorite Supplement

MACA- My Favorite Supplement


I can still remember the first supplement I ever took when I started working in a health food store it was maca.  I'm not sure what drew my towards taking it but I fell in love with the supplement within days.  I was using the pill form from a company called SOLARAY, each day I would take two capsules and I noticed a significant difference in energy and mental focus.

WHAT IS MACA?

Maca is a root used as a food and also for it's medicinal reasons.   Known as "Peruvian ginseng", it is used as a folk remedy to increase stamina, energy, and sexual function. It is typically taken as a pill or liquid extract (my personal favorite) or as powder.   This root is ideal for men or women, its even an alternative to hormone replacement therapy.

Pill or liquid?

I used maca for a very long time but then stopped using it for a year or two and noticed a drastic changed from not using it.  I attended a trade show and found a book written by Lorrie Ingram who worked in the same company I did (Nutrition House), and decided to give it a read.  This book taught me the importance of using the liquid and all the amazing properties that maca could provide it has a better potency and once I switched I decided to never go back to the pills again. 
I must admit the liquid tastes awful but the benefits are far superior.


I give 2 thumbs up to using maca to increase energy, mental focus and stamina.  Oh, and by the way a mentioned above it can turn you into a total animal ;-)  (I'll leave it at that)
The brand I recommend is by Brad King, there are capsules, powder (which I've never tried) and my personal favorite liquid. Go get some NOW!!!  Just sayin.....

STARTING MY DAY WITH MACA COFFEE CLICK HERE


Stay healthy and stay motivated
Shane Chartrand

4 comments:

  1. Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a brilliant writer. I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up.. brad king maca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk through. I appreciate this post.brad king maca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your post and would like to thank you for maintaining such a cool blog.
    Custom Orthotics Brampton

    ReplyDelete